Instagram Reels is where most of the things trend. Recently, a filter knows as “Child Filter” has started trending on the platform.
A Child Filter is a filter where people turn their original photos into their child’s look.
People are crazily using this filter and sharing it with their audiences on Instagram Reels to make it viral.
If you are trying to create the same filter, but don’t know exactly how to do it, this guide is for you.
Here, in this blog post, I will be sharing with you how you can create the filter and upload it to Reels or Instagram Stories.
How to Use Child Filter on Instagram
The Child Filter is not directly available on Instagram. You need to use an external application (FaceApp) to create the filter.
Let’s get started and create the filter:
- Download and Install FaceApp from Google Play Store or Apple App Store and open it.
- If you have newly installed the app, click on the Next button till you reach Let’s get started. After tapping on Let’s get started, click on Allow Access to proceed further.
- Select your photo by clicking on the Gallery button below.
- After you’ve selected a photo, it will ask you to agree with the policy (the image will be stored on a cloud server for processing). Tap on AGREE.
- All of the filters will be shown below the image. Scroll to the left and select the Age Filter. After that, select the Child Filter.
- After the photo has been processed successfully, click on Save at the top-right corner. Now, close it by clicking on the X icon at the top-left corner.
- Click on your phone’s back button until you reach FaceApp’s homepage.
- Now select the previously edited photo and repeat the process of applying the child filter 10 times. (Make sure to select the previously edited photos for the next process).
Now, you need a video editor app to combine all the 10 photos.
You can download the CapCut Application from Playstore.
Please watch the video to edit the video.
After your video is ready, upload it to your Reels or Story.
This is how you can use the child filter on Instagram.