Table of Contents Hide
You may have stumbled across the “We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things” message on Instagram and wondered about its meaning. We will explain everything you need to know about the message. Instagram, like all other social media platforms, has its own rules and regulations. It has also set some daily limitations on user activities. The daily limitations and rules help the AI algorithms of Instagram to identify spam accounts and get rid of them.
When you get the “We Limit How Often…” message, it means that you have reached Instagram’s daily limitations for user activities. After getting the message, you might not be able to use all of the features on Instagram for 24-48 hours.
In this article, we will explain possible ways to resolve this issue.
Causes for Getting the “We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things” Message on Instagram
Below are some of the most common causes for getting the “We Limit How Often…” message on Instagram. The list will help you identify the reason behind your receiving the message from Instagram. Later, we will see possible ways to get rid of the message notification.
1. Posting forbidden content on Instagram- Forbidden content on Instagram means content that contains either nudity, hate speech, violence, or bullying. If you share any of the mentioned types of content, your account could get a temporary suspension. Moreover, if you continue to post such types of content, your Instagram account might even get permanently banned.
2. Instagram Follow/Unfollow limitation- Instagram allows you to either Follow or Unfollow 200 people per day. Instagram will send you a notification message if you cross this limit.
3. Instagram Likes limitation- There exists a Like limitation on Instagram. Instagram will consider your account suspicious if you hit like on more than 1000 posts in a day.
4. Instagram Comments limitation- Instagram allows you to write 200 comments per day using your Instagram account. You will receive a notification message when you reach the Instagram comments limitation.
5. Instagram Direct Message limitation- The daily limit for sending direct messages on Instagram is 80. Your account will get a warning notification. Instagram can also temporarily suspend your account if you send more than 80 DMs in a single day.
6. Instagram Story limitation- You are eligible to add 100 Instagram stories in a day. That is definitely more stories than you will ever need to share in a single day. You will receive a “We Limit How Often You…” message if you surpass the Instagram story limitation.
How to Fix the “We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things” Message on Instagram?
There are several ways to fix the “We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things” message On Instagram. We have listed below the top three methods to resolve the issue.
Method 1. Delete Forbidden Content
Make sure that none of your posts are categorized as forbidden on Instagram. If you think that any of your posts breaks the Instagram policy, delete it instantly. If sharing the forbidden content was actually the reason behind your receiving the message, worry no longer. The Instagram message will no longer bother you.
Method 2. Report the Problem to the Instagram Support Team
Consider reporting the problem to the Instagram support team if you are repeatedly getting the “We Limit How Often…” message but cannot figure out why. Follow the below steps to report a problem to the Instagram support team.
Step1: Launch Instagram and visit the Settings option on your profile.
Step2: Locate the Help option and tap on it.
Stap3: Select Report a problem.
Step4: Instagram will now ask you “briefly explain what happened or what’s not working.” There is also an option to send a screenshot to better explain the problem. Mention the problem you are facing and send a screenshot of the message.
Step5: Tap on Submit.
The Instagram support team will tackle the problem and let you know when they find a solution.
Method 3. Change Your Instagram Password
Many people claim that after changing their account password, they were able to renew their Instagram activity limitations. Follow the below steps to change your account password on Instagram.
Step1: Open Instagram and visit the Settings option on your profile.
Step2: Tap on the Security option.
Step3: Select the Password option in the Login Security section.
Step4: Change your password by writing your current password and adding a new password. You need to re-enter your new password for confirmation.
You will be logged out of your account after completing the procedure of changing your Instagram account password. When you log in again into your account, you might find all of Instagram’s limitations renewed. In other words, you will again be able to use all of Instagram’s features without any restrictions whatsoever.
Please note that there is no guarantee that this method will certainly work for you. If this method does not resolve your problem, just wait for 24- 48 hours. Instagram will automatically renew your account’s limitations by that time.