Autoplaying videos on Facebook might consume a lot of data unnecessarily. However, this is not an issue for someone who watches a lot of videos and has a high-speed internet connection.
Most people don’t want the videos to be played automatically. So, turning off the autoplay might be the best option.
Facebook allows you to control how the video appears on your news feed. You can either autoplay or play the videos manually.
Turning off the autoplay is easy, but for most people, the option is not discoverable easily.
Don’t worry, this guide will help you to stop the autoplay whether you are using the Facebook app or the web version on your mobile browser or PC.
How to Stop Videos From Automatically Playing On Facebook App
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings from the listed options.
- Scroll down and tap on Media and Contacts.
- Now click on Autoplay.
- Select the option Never Autoplay Videos.
Now, videos won’t play automatically on your newsfeed which will save your data.
Note: If the autoplay is on, videos won’t play automatically if your battery is low.
There’s also an alternate way to stop the autoplay on Facebook App which is explained below:
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Click on the Cellular Data Usage tab.
- Under the Autoplay section, select Never Autoplay Videos.
You can either use the first method or the second one to stop playing videos automatically on your feed.
How to Stop Video Autoplay On Facebook Mobile Browser
- Login to your Facebook account on your mobile browser.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Autoplay Video under the Media section.
- Select Never Autoplay Videos.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos On Facebook on Your PC or Desktop
- Open Facebook on your browser login to your account.
- Tap on the dropdown icon at the top right corner of the window.
- Click on Settings & privacy.
- Tap on Settings.
- On the left panel select Videos at the bottom.
- Tab on the dropdown option next to Auto-play videos and select Off.
These are the simple ways to turn off autoplay on Facebook.