Instagram, being one of the popular social media platforms allows people to save posts to a collection so that they can view those posts easily from the Saved option on Instagram.
If you are sharing a post on Instagram, you might want to know how many people saved your post. It’s pretty much easy to view how many people have saved your post if you have a Professional (Business or Creator) Account.
You can’t track the insights of your posts if have a personal account. You need to change your personal account to professional to get the benefits of the Instagram Insights Tool.
With a business or a creator account, Instagram provides you an Insights tool to track your account performance. It helps you to learn about your followers and also allows you to create a promotion.
See How Many People Saved Your Instagram Post
If you have a personal account you must first switch it to a business or a creator account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your profile and tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings, then Account.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Now, a page about the benefits of a Professional account opens up. Tap Continue.
- Select a category for your account and tap Done.
- Select the account type, Business or Creator. You can select any one of them.
- On the next page, you can fill in your contact info, or else you can skip it by tapping Don’t use my contact info at the bottom.
- You can also connect your Facebook account or skip it.
- You can skip the Set Up your Professional Account step by tapping the cross (X) icon.
This completes the process of changing your account to a professional account.
Now every time you post a photo or a video, you have access to Insights tools to track performance. However, you cannot see the insights of previous posts.
How to See How Many People Saved Your Instagram Post
After you have changed your account type and posted a new post, you can see how many times the posts have been saved by other users.
- Go to the post you want to see the save count.
- Tap View Insights on the left side under the post.
- The last bookmark icon represents the number of times a post has been saved.
Save Count of your post determines how useful is the content to your audience. More saves mean your post is liked by most of the users and they save it to their collection for future reference.
Can You See Who Saved Your Instagram Post
Unfortunately, Instagram has no feature to see who saved your post. You can only view how many people have saved it to their collection using the method mentioned above.
The only way to know who saved your post is to ask your followers in a story or a DM. However, this may not be a good idea.
Let’s expect Instagram to come up with this feature in the near future.