When you create a new Snapchat account, you are asked to provide a phone number to associate your account with.
But for some privacy reasons, you might want to remove the phone number from your account.
Phone number is a must for creating an account on Snapchat and you can’t avoid it. As of now, there is no direct way to delete your phone number from your profile.
There is a simple trick that you can use to remove your phone number from your Snapchat account.
How to Delete a Phone Number from Snapchat
As there is no direct option to remove the phone number, here’s how you can do it another way.
For this, you need to create a new Snapchat account with the same phone number as used in your existing account.
First of all, log out from your account. If you don’t know how to do it, here’s the guide:
- Open Snapchat App and click on your profile icon at the top-left corner.
- Tap on the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Log Out.
- Next, it will ask you whether you would like to save your login info. Click on Yes so that you don’t have to enter a password to log in later.
Now, Create a new account:
- Click on Sign Up at the bottom-left corner.
- Enter your First Name & Last Name and tap on Sign Up & Accept.
- Enter your Birthday and Continue.
- Pick a username and click on Continue.
- Set a password and Continue.
- Enter the same mobile number as used in your existing account.
- Enter the verification code received on your number.
- Skip all the steps and go to your profile page.
- Tap on Settings at the top.
- Tap on Log Out.
- Now select your previous account and tap on Log In.
Go to Settings and you can see that the Mobile Number field is now empty.
This way, your phone number can be removed from your account.
You can just delete the other account that you’ve just created.
It’s not recommended to remove your phone number as it is easier for you to recover your account and makes it easier for others to discover you.
If you have made up your mind to delete it, you are good to go for it.
I hope the guide to remove the phone number was helpful. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.