Table of Contents Hide
Do you want to clean up your Instagram followers?
You don’t have to wait for someone to unfollow you. Instagram allows you to manually remove a follower from your followers list.
Your Instagram account may be filled up with inactive or fake followers and you might want to remove them as followers.
Making someone unfollow you is easier. Whatever may be the reason, whether they don’t like, comment, or interact with your post, you can always choose to remove them as followers.
You can block a user to remove as a follower. To block a user: Go to the person’s profile, tap on the three dots in the top-right, and tap on Block.
However, this is not recommended as they can never find you on Instagram until you unblock them.
There is a more simple way to make someone unfollow you without blocking & still following them.
How to Make Other Person Unfollow You On Instagram
- Open the Instagram app & go to your Profile.
- Tap Followers. It will now list all your followers.
- Find the user you want to remove as a follower. You can use a search bar to find them too.
- Once you have found the user to make you unfollow, tap the Remove button on the right side of their username.
- Confirm it by tapping Remove.
The user will no longer be your follower and Instagram won’t notify that you removed someone as a follower.
The process to remove a follower remains the same if you are using a mobile browser.
How to Make Someone Unfollow You On Instagram on PC
- Log in to your account on your browser.
- Go to your profile by tapping your profile icon in the top right.
- Click the followers tab.
- Find the username you want to remove as a follower. This task can be tedious if you have a long list of followers as there is no option of search.
- Tap Remove on the right side of the username.
The person will be removed from your followers’ list.
Can You Remove All Followers On Instagram At Once?
Instagram doesn’t allow you to select and remove all followers at once. You have to manually remove them one by one.