Table of Contents Hide
It looks cool to use your favorite song as a caller tune or hello tune on your mobile number rather than the default ring sound.
Do you know that you can activate the caller tune in your Jio Number absolutely for free? Thanks to Reliance Jio for providing the free Jio Tunes service.
The process to activate the caller tune in your Jio Number is so simple. All that’s required is either My Jio App or JioSavnn App or just the SMS service.
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing with you how you can set caller tune in Jio in simple steps.
There are five different ways that you can use to activate caller tune or hello tune in your Jio Number. You can use any of the five methods mentioned below which you feel is convenient.
The five methods are:
- JioSaavn Application
- MyJio Application
- Through SMS
- Copying Jio Tune from another Jio Number
- Using IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
The detailed steps are discussed below. Follow them to start Jio Tunes services in your Jio Number.
How to Set Caller Tune in Jio using JioSaavn App
- Step 1: If JioSaavn is not installed on your device, download it from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Sign in to the app using your Jio Number.
- Step 3: Search for the song that you want to set as a caller tune.
- Step 4: Play the song and open in Player Mode.
- Step 5: Click the three dots at the right and tap “Set as Jio Tune”. You can also preview the Jio Tune before activating it. (Make sure you’re using the Jio Cellular Data otherwise, the option to set JioTune may be unavailable.
- Step 6: Once you complete the process, you will receive a notification saying that your Jio Tune has been set successfully on your Mobile Number.
Note: Some of the songs available there can’t be set as caller tune. In that case, you need to search for other songs to set as a Jio tune.
How to Set Caller Tune in Jio using MyJio App
- Step 1: Download MyJio App from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Log in to the app using your Jio Number.
- Step 3: Once you’re on the home screen, search for JioTunes using the search bar at the top.
- Step 4: You will see two results after the search – JioTunes Subscription & Setup your JioTunes. Click on Setup your JioTunes.
- Step 5: Search your preferred song or select from the featured lists.
- Step 6: To preview Jio Tune, tap the play icon present on the thumbnail image.
- Step 7: Click on Set as JioTune to activate caller tune in your Jio Number.
You will get a confirmation on the screen saying JioTune is set successfully and you will also receive a confirmation SMS regarding the same.
How to Set Caller Tune in Jio through SMS Service
Send an SMS to 56789 writing the first three words of the movie or song or album. For example, “Shape Of You” or “Kabhi Jo Badal”.
After doing so, you will receive an SMS with the songs that match the keywords you have provided.
Select your preferred option to set as Jio Tune.
Alternatively, you can SMS – JT to 56789 and follow the instructions provided there.
After the successful completion of the process, you will receive a confirmation message.
The main drawback of setting Jio Tune through SMS is that you don’t get an option to preview before activating Caller Tune.
How to Set Caller Tune in Jio by Copying Other’s Jio Tune
Sometimes you like to use the same Jio Tune as your friend or family member’s caller tune. In that case, you can just copy the caller tune.
For this, call your friend whose Jio Tune you want to copy. You will hear the tune after calling. Now you just need to press * from your keypad.
After that, you will receive an SMS to confirm the Subscription.
Reply with “Y” to the same SMS within 30 minutes and your Caller Tune will be set successfully.
How to Set Caller Tune in Jio Using IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
In this case, you just need to call 56789 and follow the instructions received from the voice response.
These are the five different ways to activate caller tune in Jio. The most preferable method will be using JioSavnn or MyJio Application.
How to Remove Caller Tune in Jio
Removing Jio Tune is so simple. Just send STOP to 56789 and follow the instructions delivered in your SMS. Your Jio Tune will be deactivated successfully.