Table of Contents Hide
Have you ever made a typo (typing mistake) while commenting on someone else’s Instagram posts?
Don’t worry, you can revert all those comments by deleting them from the posts you have commented on.
Making a typo during commenting is common among us and we want it to be removed or discarded. Thanks to Instagram for providing the feature to delete the comment from the posts.
Despite the feature to delete comments, you are sometimes unaware of this. So, in this article, I have explained how to delete a comment on an Instagram post in a simple and easy way.
There are two cases in which you can delete your Instagram comments:
- The first case is when someone comments on your post and you want to delete it.
- The second case is when you leave a comment on someone else’s post and you want it to be deleted.
Remember that you cannot delete other people’s comments on others’ posts. You can only delete your own comments.
You can perform this action on iPhone, Android, and web version or PC.
How to Delete a Comment on Instagram on iPhone or Android using the Instagram Application
- Open Instagram App on your iPhone or Android and log in to your account if you are signed out.
- Find the post that you have left the comment and you want it to be deleted from there.
- Tap on the comment icon under the post and your comment will appear at the top.
- For iPhone users, swipe left over the comment and tap on the delete icon.
- For Android users, long tap on the comment and click on the delete icon.
This is the way to delete an Instagram comment on someone else’s post.
If you want to delete someone else’s comment on your own post, you have to follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
How to delete Instagram comments in bulk
Instagram also has a feature to delete comments in bulk to fight against hate and online bullying.
It allows users to select and delete 25 comments at a time on both Android & iOS.
To delete comments in bulk, select 25 comments and click on the delete icon. All your selected comments will be deleted.
How to undo deleted comments on Instagram
Sometimes you may accidentally delete comments you don’t want to be deleted. You can recover those comments back after deleting them. But this option lasts for only a few seconds and after that no recovery is possible.
To recover your comments, you need to click on the “undo” option just after you delete them. This will recover your deleted comments.
How to delete an Instagram comment on the web version or PC or computer
If you are fond of using Instagram on a PC or laptop or desktop, then you can even delete comments on them.
- Go to instagram.com and log in to your account.
- Search for the post that you want to delete the comment.
- Click on the comment icon which appears below the post.
- Scroll into your comment and place the mouse pointer on your comment.
- Click on three dots on your comment at the right and click on “Delete”.
Your comment will be deleted successfully from the post.
The same process is applied if you want to delete other people’s comments on your own post.
I hope now you have got an idea on how to delete Instagram comments from the posts. Whenever you made a typo while commenting, you can correct it by deleting the comments.