In this modern era, most of our friends don’t remember our birthday without getting a notification from social media.
In case you have added a fake birthday on Facebook while joining Facebook because your age was not sufficient to create a Facebook account (or due to any other reason) and you are annoyed getting unnecessary wishes from your Facebook friends on the fake birth date, then you can simply change your date of birth in a few steps.
In this article, you’ll learn how to change the date of birth on Facebook and get birthday wishes on your actual birthday.
How to Change the Date of Birth on Facebook Using a Mobile App
1. Go to the Facebook mobile application and log in to your account.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon at the top-right corner.
3. Tap on See your profile (below your display name)
4. Tap on Edit Profile or Edit Public Details.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Edit Your About Info.
6. Scroll down to Basic Info and tap to Edit at the right of the Basic Info.
7. Select your actual Date of Birth, then tap on Save at the top.
Your date of birth has been successfully changed.
The procedure remains the same if you are using a mobile browser.
How to Change the Date of Birth on Facebook on your PC/Computer
1. Open the browser and go to Facebook.
2. Enter your login id and password if you’re not logged in.
3. Click on your profile photo at the top right side of your window.
4. Click on the Edit Profile option.
5. Scroll down and click on Edit Your About Info.
6. Click on Contact and basic info from the left panel.
7. Scroll down to Basic info and tap on the pencil icon on the right side of your Birth Date.
8. Enter your actual Birth Date, then click on Save.
Your date of birth will be changed successfully.
Note: You should be very careful while changing your date of birth on Facebook as you can’t change it more than 3 times.
How to Change Date Of Birth On Facebook After Limit
If you want to change your date of birth even after changing the date of birth three times, then you have to request Facebook and give a valid reason to change your Birth Date.
There is no guarantee that Facebook will allow you to change your Birth Date after the request, you have to give a proper reason to change the date of birth.
Request link: (https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/233841356784195?_rdc=1&_rdr).
Once you have opened the link, select your Birth Date & select a valid reason from the listed options, then tap on Send.
Who Can See Your Birth Day
You can set the audience for who you would like to be able to view your birthday on Facebook. By default, the setting is set to Friends of Friends which means that even if someone has a mutual friend, they can view your birthday on your profile.
You can set different audiences for your birth year, and birthday. Facebook gives you the option to choose between the following audience settings.
- Public: Everyone on Facebook.
- Friends of friends: Users with a mutual friend.
- Friends: Only users in your Friends list.
- Only me: Only you and no one else.
- Close friends: Custom close friends list that you have created.
This was all about changing your birth date on Facebook. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.