Nowadays, most people order food from online food services for their ease which saves a lot of time for them.
You might also be fond of eating foods ordered from those services like Zomato. But sometimes, you may order it by mistake or have ordered food you don’t like.
In this case, you might not have any idea to cancel an order on Zomato as there is no specific button on the order page on its application to cancel the order and your food might be all wasted.
Zomato is one of the biggest food delivery services in India and it is growing its services in every corner of India. Zomato is known for its fast delivery and few complaints about late delivery. Instead of all these amazing features, there are a lot of queries related to the cancellation of orders on Zomato from the customers.
You have to cancel the order as soon as possible as after dispatch it would be more difficult to cancel the ordered item.
There is no specific button available on Zomato’s App to cancel the order but still, you can do it another way.
How to Cancel Order on Zomato
Follow the below-mentioned steps to cancel your ordered food from your smartphone:
- Open Zomato Application.
- Click on the Account tab at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on Your Orders.
- It will now show the food you’ve ordered. Tap on the View order summary.
- At the bottom of the order summary page, there will be a customer care number. You can just call them and cancel the order.
If in case the number is not provided or you’re unable to contact them, you can try it another way by using the chat option.
- On the same order summary page, tap on Support at the top-right corner.
- After the chats get opened, select the order that you want to cancel.
- Now, select I want to cancel my order.
- Choose one of the reasons why you wish to cancel the order.
- Follow the instructions and confirm the order cancellation.
Your order will be canceled successfully.
Note: To cancel the order, try to chat with the customer service within 5 minutes of the order else it would be difficult to cancel the order after the food is ready for delivery.
How to Get a Refund from Zomato
In case your order has been successfully canceled, you are eligible for the refund and the money will be automatically credited to your account. At most, it might take 7 days to get the refund. If you have paid through e-wallets, the amount will be refunded instantly. The refund will get credited in the same manner as your mode of payment.
Note: If you haven’t got a refund within 7 days, you can chat with the Zomato customer service. For that, you can use the Chat Service available on the Zomato Mobile Application.