Do you want to hide the number of reactions on your Facebook posts or someone else’s posts?
If yes, you’re at the right place.
Facebook has recently added a feature that allows users to hide the number of likes and reactions on your own posts as well as on other people’s posts.
In this blog post, I’ll be guiding you to turn ON or OFF reaction count on Facebook posts.
How to Hide Reactions / Likes on Facebook Posts
You can always choose to hide the number of reactions on your posts or others’ posts. Here’s how to do it.
Using Mobile Application:
- Open Facebook App and tap on the three horizontal bars at the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Reaction Preferences under the News Feed Settings.
- You will be taken to a new page “Reaction Preferences”. Here you can either hide reactions on posts from other users or on your own posts.
- If you want to hide reactions on posts from others, press the toggle button next to On posts from others.
- If you want to hide reactions on your posts, press the toggle button next to On your posts.
These settings apply to all posts. You can’t hide reaction counts on individual posts.
If you are using a mobile browser, the procedure remains the same.
About Reaction Preferences:
On posts from others: If you have turned ON this option, you will not be able to see the number of reactions on other user’s posts but you’ll still be able to see who reacted to the post.
On your posts: If you turn this ON, people can’t see the number of reactions on the posts you’ve posted. However, you will still be able to see the reaction count on your post. Also, it won’t hide who has reacted to your post.
Using a PC or a Laptop:
If you are using a web version of Facebook, here’s how to set your preference.
- Log in to your account on your browser.
- Tap on the downward arrow button at the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings & privacy.
- Select News Feed preferences.
- Click on Reaction Preferences.
- Tap the toggle button to hide the number of reactions on your posts or other user’s posts.
This way you can hide the number of reactions on Facebook posts.