Table of Contents Hide
Recently, many Snapchat users have noticed a weird grey X icon in their Snapchat conversation next to users’ names.
This little X icon has put users to scratch their heads. So, what does this actually mean?
Snapchat has really cool emojis to describe a friend on Chats. However, this grey x icon has confused people a lot. And, it hasn’t been mentioned anywhere about this icon.
After personal testing and research, we have come to a certain conclusion that we’ve discussed below. Let’s find out what this x icon means on Snapchat.
Meaning of Little Grey X Next to A Name on Snapchat Conversation
As of now, the little X icon is seen on both Android and iPhone.
Screenshot of the chat with the x icon:
When you tap the icon, you will see three options – Block, Report, and Clear Conversation.
Here’s what it means:
1) You’re no longer on their Friends List. It means they have removed you as a friend.
2) The other reason for this is that you have removed them from your Friends List.
Even if you aren’t friends, you may still message each other.
The x icon appears if you’re no longer friends on Snapchat.
Earlier, a similar situation is shown as Pending below their name on Snapchat Conversation.
3) The x icon will also appear if the other user has blocked you.
How to Solve This Issue & Remove the X Icon
1) First of all, make sure that you have added them as friends.
2) Find out if they have unadded or removed you from their Friends List. If they have removed you, you can ask them to add you back.
3) Find out if they have blocked you.
Once you have checked all of these, the grey X icon will disappear. You may need to relaunch the Snapchat app again.