Even the smartest apps are not free from bugs. At one time or the other, you may find some issue while using an app or any other platform.
And the best way to solve the issue is to report the bug or make a suggestion to improve it.
If you’ve spotted a bug on Snapchat and want to report it, there are different ways to report the issue. One of them is directly using the “I Spotted a Bug” or “I Have a Suggestion” feature present on the app.
The other way is to just shake your phone and report a bug. For this feature to work, you must enable the “Shake to Report” feature.
Both of the methods are discussed below.
How to Enable Shake to Report On Snapchat
- Open Snapchat App and go to your profile.
- Tap on the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and click on Shake to Report under the SUPPORT section.
- Tap on Enable and set the shake sensitivity.
This is how you can enable Shake to Report on Snapchat.
How to Report a Bug on Snapchat
If you have Shake to Report enabled, just shake your device a couple of times whenever when you find a bug.
A menu will then appear. Tap on Report a Bug or Make a Suggestion.
Write briefly about the bug you have spotted & then submit it.
Note: When you shake your phone, a screenshot will be included in the report. To edit or delete it, tap on the screenshot image.
There’s also another way to report a bug on Snapchat.
- On your profile page, tap on Settings at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and click on “I Spotted a Bug” or “I Have a Suggestion” under the SUPPORT section.
- From the listed options, select the part of the app you are facing the issue.
- Describe briefly the bug. If you have a screenshot, you can attach it too by clicking on Add Attachment button.
- Choose a topic and tap on Submit.
Please note that Snapchat will not review each and every bug they receive from users.