Table of Contents Hide
Whenever someone finds you on Instagram, the first thing they see is your profile picture. So, having a perfect profile picture is a must to leave a good impression on them.
If you think you need to change your profile pic as the current one is not the best fit, you can change it from your profile. But sometimes, it can be trickier to change it as you may get an error while changing your profile picture.
So, here in this article, I’ll be explaining different ways to change your profile pic as you wish. If one of them doesn’t work, you can try out the other options.
How to Change Profile Picture On Instagram App
Changing a profile picture using an Instagram app is much easier. Below is the step-by-step guide for doing the same. This method applies to both Android & iPhone users.
- Open the Instagram application and go to your profile by tapping your profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Once you are on your profile page, tap Edit Profile.
- Click Change Profile Photo.
- An options menu will pop up from the bottom. Tap New Profile Photo.
- Select the picture you want and tap the next icon (arrow) in the top-right.
Your profile photo will be changed successfully.
Can’t Change Profile Picture On Instagram
Sometimes Instagram may fail to update your profile picture and it may show you an error.
1) One of the common errors is: “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture. Please confirm you have an internet connection and try again in a moment.”
Though you have a good internet connection, it may still give an error. This may be a glitch from Instagram’s end and not from yours.
2) The other error can be: Unable to press the next icon after selecting a new photo.
Whenever you select a new picture to change your profile photo, you might not be able to tap the arrow icon in the top-right. This is a common issue with some of the users as of August 2021. I was facing the same issue while trying to change my profile pic.
If you are facing any of the above issues, you can log in to your Instagram account on your mobile browser or a PC and change your profile picture. This will definitely resolve the issue you’re facing.
Below is the guide on how to change your profile picture on a mobile browser or a laptop/computer.
Change Your Profile Picture Using a Mobile Browser
- Visit instagram.com & log in to your account.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Tap Change Profile Photo.
- Select the option, Upload Photo.
- Select the photo you want to set as a profile picture and tap Done.
- You will now be taken to an edit page. If you want to apply filter or edit your photo, you can do it accordingly and tap Save in the top-right corner.
A new profile photo will now show up on your profile.
How to Change Instagram Profile Picture On a Desktop Or a PC
- Log in to your Instagram account on your browser.
- Tap your profile icon on the top-right side of the window, then select Profile.
- Tap your profile photo and select Upload Photo.
- Select a photo from your computer.
Your profile picture will be changed to a new one.