PayPal is one of the fastest and the safest ways to send or receive money or make an online transaction.
PayPal offers two different types of accounts, Personal & Business Account.
Difference between PayPal’s Personal & Business Account
Personal Account is recommended for individuals who make frequent online purchases and who wish to send or receive money from friends or family members.
Business Account has all the features that Personal Account provides. In addition to that, there are other features that come up with Business Account. A business Account is usually recommended for merchants under a company. It also allows you to give the limited account access to 200 employees.
Upgrading from a Personal Account to a Business Account may be quite easy as there is a direct option available in PayPal.
But downgrading to a Personal Account is not straightforward. You need customer support for this. Below is the guide on how to do it.
How to Change PayPal Business Account to Personal Account
- First of all, Visit the link >> Contact. Make sure you are logged in to your account.
- If you can see a Message Us button floating on the right side, then click on it and type your query in the chatbox that you want to downgrade your account.
- The customer support will help you out to solve your query.
If in case there is no “Message Us” button, follow the steps below.
- From the list of Common Issues, select the option “Account profile and set up”.
- Next, click on Upgrade or downgrade your account.
- Scroll below and then click on Message Us.
- A message box will pop up on the right section.
- You can just type your query about downgrading your account and one of the assistants will help you to resolve your issue.
So, this is the only way to convert your Paypal Business Account to Personal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you change your PayPal account type?
Yes, you can change your account type. You can either upgrade from Personal to Business or downgrade from Business to Personal.
Does it cost money to have a PayPal business account?
No, it does not cost any extra fee to open a PayPal Business Account. But, the transaction fee is applicable when you sell services or products and accepts payments online.
Can I set up a PayPal business account without a business?
Yes, you can set up a PayPal account without a registered business. You can use your name as a Business Name.